[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] [Zope] Barriers to Zope popularity

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:36:54 -0500

Brian Lauer wrote:

> From my experience of trying to intrest co-workers in
> Zope there were 2 problems.
>
> 1. Python - they don't know python, but might be
> willing to learn if it wasn't for 2...

Not really necessary, but helpful, and quite valuable in its own
right...

> 2. ISP/Web Hosting companies don't sopport Pyhton as a
> cgi enviroment or Zope.

By 'support', do you mean 'provide tech support for' or 'have
installed'?

If the former, this shouldn't be too big of a deal once you're installed
and working, and the zope-list is here for you :-)

If the latter, check Zope.org's downloads for nice complete binary
distributions of Zope complete with built-in Python.  If you can do CGI
on your ISP, you can do PCGI with Zope.