[Zope] Re: Global Variables / External Methods

Phil Harris phil@philh.org
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 23:54:33 +0100

A few questions for you.

Are the 'global' variables global to the webserver, a session or a user?

If global to the server then you could set properties in the root level of
where they are needed and then use them in the external method by making use
of acquisition, i.e. self.whatever.

The other two would be more work, and I'm working on something for
session/user variiable tracking as we speak (nothing to show for it yet).

Not much help I'm afraid.

Phil
phil@philh.org

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Lynch <sight@sight.screaming.net>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 1999 12:46 AM
Subject: [Zope] Re: Global Variables / External Methods

> > Hi, I am using External Methods to execute my business layer logic, and
need to have global variables available to me. Unfortunately the global
variables in the module I am using do not seem to persist through the
session and are being reset as if the module is being re-imported when I
click on another link. Can someone please explain this and make any
suggestions as to the best way to maintain global python variables
accessible to external methods. As you can guess I am a Zope and python
newbie so apologies,