[Zope] zclasses - changing properties

kedai kdie@kedai.com.my
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:14:52 +0800

> >-----------------add_url_id_cons---------------
> ><!--#var standard_html_header-->
> > <dtml-with "Urls.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)">
> >
> >       <!--#call "propertysheets.Urls.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)"-->
> ></dtml-with>
> ><dtml-call reindex_object>
>
> The <dtml-call reindex_object> needs to happen inside the <dtml-with> block.
> Why? Because you need to call reindex_object on the new object. Doing it
> outside the with block like this, you are actually calling reindex_object on
> the container of the new object.
>
> Kevin
thanks kevin, but putting the <dtml-call reindex_object> after calling the <!--#call "propertysheets.Urls.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)"--> results in the same manner.  i did get the url_info added but not the properties.

what gives?

another zclass Q:
if i have zclasses like so:  ZClassA/ZClassB/ZClassC/ZClassCproperty1
                                                    /ZClassCproperty2

how do i get the properties?  trying
<dtml-with "ZClassA.ZClassB">
<dtml-var "objectValues(ZClassC)">
</dtml-with>

wont work because Zope cant find ZClassA and ZClassB since when creating an instance, there is no ZcClassA or ZClassB.  but replacing the above code with something like:
<dtml-with "instanceZClassA.instanceZClassB">
<dtml-var "objectValues(ZClassC)">
</dtml-with>

does work.

simply put - how do i get properties of my classes (or even other objects) thru expr?

thanks a lot