[Zope] Passing information from a form to an SQL method via a DTML metho d d

Peter Whysall PWHYSALL@technology.serco.com
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:01:07 +0100

I'm getting stuck with this.

I have a DTML document, doc.dtml, with a form whose action, act.dtml, tells
the user "thank you very much, please call again" and runs an SQL method,
new.sql, which inserts data from fields a,b,c (from doc.dtml) into the MySQL
database.

Obviously it's not working, else I wouldn't be writing this :)

What I want to know is this: how do I perform the following tasks (I've had
a look in the DTML user's guide and can't find anything to help me):

1. Pass data as an attribute/property/parameter from a DTML document to a
DTML method and hence to a ZSQL method. Do I need to set up some variables,
populate them with my data, and pass them to the DTML method which then
passes them to the SQL method?
2. Glean data from a query and pass that too (example. We know who the
logged in user is, via AUTHENTICATED_USER.name; this is a key in the USERS
table in the database and I want to look up the user_id and insert that, not
the textual name)
3. Pass the current date/time; I can get it, like this: <dtml-var ZopeTime
fmt="rfc822">. How do I squizz this along to the query?

Alternatively, am I completely missing the point here?

Many thanks in advance

Peter.