[Zope] [ANNOUNCE] Zsupervisor V0.1a

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:01:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Zopistas ...

I am releasing a first version of a set of python modules to start stop
and monitor Zope. The project began before zdaemon and the start/stop
scripts appeared and it follows a different approach.

You can download it from:
http://starship.python.net/crew/pavlos/

I am including the README file to save you the trouble downloading it to
find out what it does.

Zsupervisor

  A set of modules that enable easy monitoring, starting and stopping
  of Zope.

  INSTALLATION:

    Untar Zsupervisor.tgz in the Zope home directory. Edit file start
    from the standard Zope distribution, and replace z2.py with
    ztoo.py (z2.py has a bug and does not allow a -Z '' option). You
    might want to save a copy of the original z2.py script.

  USE:

    It is better to start first the supervisor in a different terminal
    so you can monitor medusa's stderr. Simply run::

      tellzope start_supervisor

    In a different terminal type::

      tellzope start_zope -a 100.100.100.100 -p 8080 <and other z2 options>

    To view the status of the Zope process::

      tellzope status

    To restart Zope::

      tellzope restart

    To stop Zope and remove from supervision::

      tellzope stop

    To exit Zsupervisor and stop Zope (identical with killing the
    Zsupervisor process directly)::

      tellzope exit

    NOTES:

      Tested only on Linux running ZServer only (no pcgi)

Pavlos