[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Transaction support on MySQL

Ping Lau pinglau@tm.net.my
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:27:39 -0500

>> > Unless you want to generate PDF or Postscript files on the fly, you are
>> > *not* going to get what you want from a browser-based application,
>> > regardless of the server.  Neither Zope nor any other Web App can
>> > control how your browser will print an HTML page (AFAIK).
>>
>>There is a PDF package for Perl, but I don't know of any for Python.
>>If there are, then you can relatively easily generate PDF on the fly.
>
>There is an excelent library at:
>
>   http://www.pdflib.com/
>
>that comes with a Python interface. It has a pricetag for commercial use
>however.

I like to first thank all of you for your suggestions.  But I still can't
quite figure out how PDF can solve my problem.  The first problem I am
facing is printing reports to pre printed forms loaded in dot matrix
printers.  The program has to drive the printer to print the info at the
right spot on the form.  The second problem is how to print barcode(Code39
symbology) on some documents.  The barcode encodes the document number.  I
have found a barcode class written in Java.  Is there a way to use Java
class within Zope?

Regards,
Ping