[Zope] Zope in Portals

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:57:26 -0400

> Alternatively, simply distribute the DA as-is, make it very clear that the
> underlying database does not support transactions, and if you use it
> anyway and something needs to be rolled back, you're screwed, and you were
> warned that this sort of thing could happen...

This is fine by me.  More complexity would be silly, as it is the developers
responsibility.  I just wanted to make sure it was clear what the limits of
various databases were. Perhaps we should clarify the DA levels to include
whether they implement transactional semantics or not.  I hadn't thought to
be that picky, but perhaps it is important in certain cases.

Chris