[Zope] Community Glossary

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net
Wed, 29 Sep 99 07:40:44 -0500

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:01:46 -0700, Loren Stafford wrote:

>On sites like www.zope.org, I think there's a need for a what might be
>called a "community glossary", which is what you would expect of a glossary,
>but has these additional characteristics:

<snip>

Actually, Loren, such a Zope product is on my list of things to do, and
probably on other people's as well, right behind my 'equation tile'
product (which is almost done).

I think it would be of very general use -- I want it for a web site I'm
setting up on micro-robots, which brings together people from
diverse technical backgrounds.  The glossary would define
mechanical, electrical, aerodynamic, materials terminology, so
that the pages that make up the site would contain links to the
definitions.  In my plan, the definitions can also contain an
optional image, to better show a concept or physical part.

The product will be opensource and I'll announce it here when
I'm further along, to get feedback.

Oh, and the equation tiles are a product for dropping little GIF
images of equations into pages, for engineering discussions.

-Jeff Rush