[Zope] where are you sticking site-wide methods/resources ?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:01:12 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>
To: 'chas' <panda@skinnyhippo.com>; Kevin Dangoor <kid@kendermedia.com>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 11:40 AM
Subject: RE: [Zope] where are you sticking site-wide methods/resources ?
(too manyDTML-WITH's) DTML-WITH's)

I like this. This will take care of most cases where you need to pass in the
client object and namespace. It wouldn't, for example, take care of chas'
"<dtml-var "Imports.blah.method()"> scenario, though... Maybe there would be
an appropriate place in the DTML Guide to mention client object and
namespace parameters for DTML Methods.

>> b) Where on earth do you dig all this stuff up from ? I swear you've
>>    got different documentation from everyone else. You must live in
>>    the source.
>
>The topic has been discussed on the list before (Now that it's
>searchable, you can find out where
>http://www.zope.org:12080/archives/Catalog/S)

Thank you for this, Michel. Having a good (ie not egroups) searchable mail
archive will probably cut down list traffic significantly once people are
used to it. Many questions that come across the list are things that people
have asked before...

Kevin