[Zope] 2.01 will not run on NT4

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 07:15:20 -0700

Hi all -

Followed the install info for the lastest Zope release on NT. I ran
start.bat. However browsing to http://localhost:8080/manage gets me a "page
not found" message.

Here is what start.bat got me:

C:\ZopeSite>"C:\ZopeSite\bin\python.exe" "C:\ZopeSite\z2.py" -D
------
1999-09-30T14:12:37 PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing default hostname
------
1999-09-30T14:12:37 INFO(0) ZServer Medusa (V1.10) started at Thu Sep 30
07:12:37 1999
        Hostname: c147070-a.pinol1.sfba.home.com
        Port:8080

------
1999-09-30T14:12:37 INFO(0) ZServer FTP server started at Thu Sep 30
07:12:37 1999
        Authorizer:None
        Hostname: gemini
        Port: 8021
------
1999-09-30T14:12:37 INFO(0) ZServer Monitor Server (V1.5) started on port
8099

The installed faq has the following:

    1. After installing Zope, I go to the URL in my web browser
       but I get a "404 Not Found" or "Server Error" message

       This message is coming from your web server, not Zope.
       It usually means that your web server is misconfigured.
       Ensure that the PCGI info file generated by the installation
       procedure exists in a cgi-enabled directory, and that your
       web server has any required aliases or configuration options
       set to enable it to find this file and run it as a cgi program.

       Look in the error log for your web server for details of the error.

This would seem to contradict this from the install.txt:

      5. Select Destination Directory where you want the software
      installed. This should *NOT* be a directory that is published
      by any existing web server software.

I've installed zope right off of C: and didn't attempt to relate it to or
inform PWS of it.

This is NT4ws sp4, with a cable modem.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools