[Zope] 2.01 will not run on NT4

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:32:50 -0700

Hi Jim -

I got it working now. I didn't have it running as a service, but from a
shortcut on the desktop that pointed to the real start.bat. Thinking it was
a typical shortcut generated command prompt window I was closing it after
seeing it produce it's startup messages. This was apparently closing Zope...
I've never seen a window need to stay open like this before so just followed
my nose. Something should be added to the install notes about this. Is there
a place I could suggest this?

Thanks to everyone for helping out.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Sanford [mailto:jsanford@atinucleus.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 10:55 AM
To: Michael Simcich
Subject: Re: [Zope] 2.01 will not run on NT4

Don't know if localhost works elsewhere, never tried it. We set this machine
up
strictly to be an SSL front end to Zope. The data we have to access for our
project is in Visual FoxPro tables so we had to use a windows machine for
the
ODBC connectivity with ZODBCA.

I rarely access zope on the machine from the machine. It is sitting in our
server room upstairs across the parking lot with a 100mbit connection to the
database server and the router attached to our T1.

When in the office I access it across the network and at home (where I do
most
of my programming) I access it via a dialup directly to the router.

We do not run Zope 2 as an NT service. We had problems (the exact nature of
which I don't currently remember) running it as an NT service so we just run
it
as a regular program that sits down on the task bar. That is all this
machine
does - runs IIS 4.0 with SSL solely accessing Zope via zope.pcgi. The
default.htm for IIS takes you right to the top index_html for Zope which
immediately makes you log in. If you fail login you are redirected to our
public
website which is on another machine (which is contolled by the marketing
department)

Zope is installed in a directory under Program Files (not under Inetpub).
The
zope.pcgi file is installed in the IIS wwwroot\scripts directory.

             Jim Sanford
     ^       Database Engineer
    ^ ^  ^   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
   ^   ^     720 Oak Circle Drive East
  ^  ^  ^    Mobile, AL 36609
 ^ ^     ^   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
^         ^  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
             Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !