[Zope] Mail archiving

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:20:35 -0400 (EDT)

chas writes:
>Seems like this would actually be a superb product - "mailing list archiver".
>Threading in particular would be a great plus.

Indeed.  From my experience writing Pipermail, I'm becoming
increasingly convinced that it's better to create e-mail archives as
databases instead of static files that are created by a script,
because static files lack flexibility.  What do you do with the back
archives when you decide to switch from quarterly to monthly, or
monthly to weekly?  Storing things in a database & rendering them on
the fly would grant more flexibility.  (No, I'm not volunteering to
write anything.)

I'm warning you--I have a boiled egg and I know how to use it!
    -- ??? in DOOM PATROL #50