[Zope] object ID

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:55:31 -0500

Daniel.Weber@SEMATECH.Org wrote:

> Alright, the hint about acquisition through methods has presented a solution,
> though I'm still confused about it.
>
> The original link (broken)
> <FORM HREF="Edit_proc">  (Edit_proc in root of tree)
>
> URL stack showed that this procedure was being called from the sub-folder and
> not from the document.  When I modifed the form address to:
>
> <FORM HREF="/tree-root_folder/Edit_proc">
> This changed the title of the tree_root_folder.  Well, i was on to something
> then.  I just made sure the document was the acquiring party:
>
> <FORM ACTION="<dtml-var URL>/Edit_proc">
>
> and that worked.  I guess the lesson learned is not to use acquisition unless
> you make certain you know what is acquiring what....
>
> Thanks for the help Tres....

Glad that worked!  Jim Fulton has the slides from his "Acquisition Algebra" talk
at IPC8 online:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/jim/Info/IPC8/AcquisitionAlgebra

It made my head hurt to look at it the first time, but the mojo is actually
explained there.  Maybe DC needs to figure out a way to sell "Fulton mind melds"
for a more direct transfer of Zen. :)

Tres.
Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com