[Zope] Re: [Projet-zf] Download a file from a form

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:15:18 -0700

FR Chalaoux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I fixed the problem :
>
> getPDB method
> =============
> <dtml-var "getfiles(REQUEST, REPONSE)">
>
> getfiles.py Extension file
> ===========================
> def getfiles(self, REQUEST['ids'], RESPONSE):
>   PickleJar = Trinket('/me/foo-ids.gz','x/gzip')
>   PickleJar.download(RESPONSE)
>   blah, blah ...
>
> But now , when I save the file the filename is getPDB (getPDB method is took in
> fact), not the name of my downloaded file.

Modify download like so:

def download(self, RESPONSE):
  RESPONSE['Content-type']=self.type
  RESPONSE['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename=%s' %
name_of_the_file);
  return open(self.path).read()

You'll of course have to find a way to get the name of the file there
instead of name_of_the_file, but I'm sure that's not too difficult :)

--
Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com