[Zope] Z ODBC Error Value: unpack sequence of wrong size

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:19:57 PDT

--- In zope@egroups.com, Graham Chiu <anon_emouse@h...>  wrote:
>Ioan Coman <ioan@usa.net> writes
> >I'm using Zope 2.1.5 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
> > Zope Error
> > Error Type: ValueError
> > Error Value: unpack sequence of wrong size
>
>The current release doesn't to my knowledge allow you to create tables
>via ODBC.
>
>Also, sqlmethods are broken in 2.1.5 - need to upgrade to 2.1.6

I am having exactly the same problem. I was running 2.1.1 before,
and got the "unpack sequence of wrong size" error. I thought,
OK, I'll upgrade to 2.1.6. Surprise! It does not fix anything. :(

The funny thing is that I can browse the table structures.
(I have tables created in Access.) Just that I cannot
"select" nor "create" tables.

Has anyone been able to run ZODBC with Access2000 on 2.1.6?
Or is ZODBC only good for 2.1.4? Does anyone know where I can
get a Win32 binary copy of Zope 2.1.4?

Ioan: are you using Access 2000? Could that be the source of
the problem?

regards,

Hung Jung