[Zope] Re: Newbie method rendering question -- Squishdot

Larry Albert lda@rice.edu
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 00:28:48 -0500

I tried this again, but I'm still having problems. I would like to include
the contents of a Squishdot site, which is at /squish/index_html, within a
DTML method at /Squishmirror.

After some offline suggestions following my earlier post, I've tried

<dtml-var squish>

in Squishmirror, which gets me simply the phrase
"<Products.Squishdot.Squishdot.SquishSet instance at 12cdce0>" encoded in
the HTML of the output. Same result for <dtml-var "_.getitem('squish', 1)">
and <dtml-var "squish()">.

However,

<dtml-var "squish">

gets me "<SquishSite instance at 011EF790>" in the HTML, as does <dtml-var
"_.getitem('squish', 0)">.

One of these should have worked, shouldn't it? Or is there something about
products, or Squishdot in particular, that resists being called this way?
Do I need to pass the site a different namespace somehow? I'd like to be
able to include the method, not just redirect to it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Albert
lda@rice.edu

Earlier post:
>I would like to include the contents of a Squishdot site, which is at
/squish/index_html, within a DTML method at /Squishmirror. In Squishmirror
if I use

><dtml-with squish>
>   <dtml-var "index_html()">
></dtml-with>
>
>it gives me an error, seemingly in the process of rendering /index_html
(not the /squish/index_html that I want.) If I instead try

><dtml-with squish>
>   <dtml-var "squish.index_html()">
></dtml-with>
>
>it gives me an error because it can't render the first siteheader variable
within /squish.index_html.

>Is it not possible to render a product from a different location? Or am I
just getting the calling syntax wrong? (Or both?)