[Zope] Why so many problems with database adapters?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 13:32:37 -0700

"Daniel G. Rusch" wrote:

> >>you reported a bug, crossed your fingers, and
> >>hopefully in 4 or 5 months it would get fixed... this after
> >>your commercial project already got killed. Yes, you fixed
> >>the bug, but I am no longer using Java. :)
>
> This is exactly what has happened to us with Zope, two of us here love
> it and are willing to work around/with the bugs, inmature interface etc.
> The rest of the team has voted to stop using Zope.
>
> So if Zope is to have a future, more attention needs to be paid to this
> issue. Remember once you lose the confidence / support of the users, be
> they developers or end users, no matter what you do after that it really
> doesn't matter. Our mistake here was using Zope version 1.x, several
> developers on the team acquired such a strong distaste for the product
> the very mention of Zope causes them to cringe.

It's certainly a manpower issue, we can't solve all the problems.
Another issue however is communication.  Could your developers get the
knowledge of their dissatisfaction to DC?  Keep in mind this is a two
way issue, you have to work and we have to work for effective
communication.

This list is just out of control, and it's really your only conduit to
us.  I think Patrick is right about needing a Bug Wiki.  We should try
it, the only problem I can think of there being over crowding on the
front page, because everyone thinks their problem is of the highest
priority.

Simple Rule, no bug reports on FrontPage, perhaps, Categories?

-Michel