[Zope] Zope performance and memory usage

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 12:39:58 +1200 (NZST)

Hung Jung Lu writes:
 > Our Linux Zope 2.1.4 is consuming about 23 MB RAM memory per
 > thread, running at 4+1 threads, this means over 100 MB.

Most of that memory is actually shared between the threads, so the
size of one thread is closer to your real memory usage.

 > Is this normal? Have there been any recent discussions on this
 > topic?
 >
 > (I am using Sybase, SQLSession and a bit of Gadfly.)

A lot of that memory usage will be cached objects, cached Sybase
queries, and the Gadfly database, which is kept in memory. Try
flushing Zope's cache and packing it after a restart to see what the
'base' memory usage should be. Everything else will be cache (unless
there really is some hitherto unknown memory leak!).

John.