[Zope] text type

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 16:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Pierre Rougier wrote:
> one of my ZClass have a text property, and I would like to print it.
> for a string property, I do <dtml-var "Object.property"> which work..
> but for the text property <dtml-var "Object.property"> do not print
> anything.......

I have a text property on a ZClass, and <dtml-var propertyname> works
fine for me.  If you do a view source, what do you see?  I suspect
you've got an "<instance-of-something>" in there, which of course
your browser won't render.  What that something is might give
a clue as to why your call isn't printing the value of the property.

In any case, I suspect that

<dtml-with Object>
  <dtml-var property>
</dtml-with>

will print what you expect.  (The quotes required to get Object.property
to work change the rules about how an object is interpreted: inside
the quotes you are operating in Python rather than DTML).

--RDM