[Zope] DTML method's contents accessible but not viewable within a class definition ? class definition ?

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Sun, 09 Apr 2000 12:49:15 +0900

At 08:49 PM 04/08/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>chas <panda@skinnyhippo.com> writes:
>> Is there no way to protect the DTML method so that it
>> cannot be accessed directly from instances of this ZClass ?
>[...]
>> I don't want people to be able to call :
>> 	http://Zope_server/MyInstance/content
>>
>> But we would like other DTML documents/methods such as
>> http://Zope_server/MyInstance/index_html
>> to be able to access the contents using "<dtml-var content>"
>
>Dunno of this would work for you.. haven't tried it. Perhaps create a
>folder in your ZClass, define permissions limits on it, create methods
>inside that. Then when you want to be using content etc, just do
><dtml-with foldername>.

Thanks John, I'd also already attempted that one too but, you know,
even the folders can not have the "view" permission disabled within
a class.

eg.

/Control_Panel
	/Products
		/MyProduct
			/MyClass
				/MyFolder
					/content [dtml-method]

Again, clicking on the "define permissions" tab of MyFolder, it is
not possible to disable the "View" permission. Perhaps it's just my
installation (on NT) but it's a real pain. Thanks for the suggestion
though.

chas