[Zope] FSSession atomicity?

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:51:19 +1000

Greetings...

A problem I appear to be having with FSSession.  I mentioned it a while ago,
and got a reasonable response.  However, now I believe it's a threading problem.

When uses log in on my page, I set info in their FSSession details.  This info
is checked in the standard header and it renders accordingly.  However,
sometimes a valid login won't produce the correct header.

This is easily fixed by selecting any page and going there... Everything
renders correctly then.  This is why i think it's a timing problem with threads.

Now, having had 0 experience with threads in python (and having done well to
avoided needing it in all other languages ;) i can't see where in the FSSession
object this problem might be occurring.

In fact, the logic of it only holds because it's happening.  Otherwise I would
have thought the session details would be written as the FSSession dtml-calls
occurred.

Any ideas?

--
Have a better one,