[Zope] running zope-medusa offline

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:23:57 +0200

Chris McDonough wrote:

> I believe I saw a mention of this issue on the list a while ago and it
> has to do with medusa wanting to use 127.9.9.9 or somesuch as a loopback
> address, which confounds windows and makes it think you want to connect
> to something extralocalhost (which btw i understand it shouldn't).
>
> I'm guessing, but I imagine you can change occurances of 127.9.9.9 (or
> whatever it is) to 127.0.0.1 within medusa and see it start to work
> properly.  Once you do, you can submit a patch (lucky you!  :-))

Hm, I wonder. I never had to change this on win95 and I've been running
Zope at home on an oldish P133 with win95 from 1.0.9 through 2.1.6
offline (that is - before and with ZServer).

Unless something strange is going on the solution usually is one of the
following:
- find a file called hosts.sam in you \windows directory. Change it to
reflect localhost as 127.0.0.1 (it has examples saying how to do this,
there is not much to it). Save the file under the name hosts. Win95 uses
this as some sort of DNS lookup
- disable automatic callup for your 'internet adapter'. I always forget
where you have to do this... I believe it is from the explorer or
something.