[Zope] Sending results of query to Excel

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:00:48 +1000

You could generate data in comma seperated format (.csv) and set the
RESPONSE['content-type'] to something that Excel claims as it's own
(application/vnd.microsoft.excel, maybe? dunno)

probably just making the page be called something like 'excel_results.csv'
would do the trick (must... not... rant... about... windows... crap... mime
support...)

Anthony
>>> Richard Moon wrote
> I'm writing a data-mining application and I'd like to use Zope as a front end
. Using Zope the user can query tables and see the data presented on-screen. Is
 there any way to pass that output to an Excel spreadsheet ?

> I feel I should be able to write an external method to do it so I'd be intere
sted to know if anyone else has already solved the problem.