[Zope] SQLSession and Performance

Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:15:32 +1000

>>> Graham Chiu wrote
> Are you using SQLSession as is?  I've been running it for a couple of
> months and have not had any problems as you describe.  But then I'm not
> using Gadfly which does store it's tables in memory.
>
> I doubt that Anthony intended Gadfly to be used with SQLSession in a
> production environment.

Correct. Running it with gadfly would be only something you'd do in
a very low usage environment.

As far as the performance thing goes - the current code loads entries
out of the table as it needs them. I have nearly finished the work
necessary to make it load the whole Session data at the start - this
should make a large difference to performance. Note also, tho, that
you _really_ need to be aggressive about pruning old sessions, and
old session data. In our production system, we make sure any module that
uses session data for it's own purposes also cleans out the session data
once it's finished.

The ongoing memory usage growth is a concern, we're seeing it as well -
I'm not _certain_ it's related to SQLSession (I still have my suspicions
about SybaseDA) but it's pretty close to the top of my todo list to fix).

Anthony