[Zope] DateTime and ISO-dates

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:47:38 +0200 (CEST)

i do this (a little clumsily) via

  <dtml-var t1 fmt="year">-<dtml-var t1 fmt="mm">-<dtml-var t1
fmt="dd">

provided t1 is a date var.

(this is from the very useful zope quick ref.,
http://www.zope.org/Members/ZQR)

hth peter.

On 12 Apr 2000, Lennart Staflin wrote:

:Hi all,
:
:I have some problems with DateTime in Zope. I generally want dates in
:the form 'YYYY-MM-DD'. But I can't figure out an easy way to get this
:with DateTime objects. There is a ISO method that produces both date
:and time: 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'. But nothing to get only the date.
:
:Perhaps one could wish for some addtions to the DateTime class. Some
:possibilities are, in order of preference:
:
:1. Configurable default data format.
:2. An ISODate method.
:3. strftime method that uses localtime and not gmtime.
:
:Any other suggestions how to do this?
:
: