[Zope] Using external methods

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:25:23 PDT

--- In zope@egroups.com, "Daniel G. Rusch" <drusch@g...>  wrote:
>  How does one install third party python products such as PIL or
>ReportLab so that Zope's python interpreter can find it in it's path. ...
>Should I install them in the Extensions directory or where? How does one
>set the Zope python path? Or is the evaluator stuck half way up.

(1) If you have a tree of packaged modules, you might consider
    installing them under the (YourZopeRoot)/lib/python folder,
    remember to drop in a __init__.py in the root of your package.
    lib/python is the place where you want to install your
    python modules.

(2) You can also add the python paths dynamically inside your
    z2.py file, if the modules are located elsewhere. The z2.py
    file is located at the root of your Zope installation.

    import sys
    sys.path.append('your path here')

regards,

Hung Jung