[Zope] Acquisition problem

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:38:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 jiva@devware.com wrote:

> the index_html AND the standard_html_header from the parent and uses
> it to override my standard_html_header in my child folder!
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Although you can accomplish what you need using the method you descripe
above, IMO a better and easier design is not to copy the
standard_html_header in the subdirectory but just use a property to define
the background. For instance, in standard_html_header one can have
something like:

BGCOLOR="<dtml-var bgcolor>" ...

and then define a property bgcolor on your folder/subfolder hierarchy as
required. The top folder can have the property bgcolor=black and any
such. Note that subfolders that do not define
bgcolor will acquire the background from the top folder.

In this way if you decide later to make changes to standard_html_header
you will be required to modify it at only one place.

... and make sure standard_html_header is a DTMLMethod not Document.

Pavlos