[Zope] newbie: Opera, changing users, Windows, etiquette, active tutorial

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:56:03 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Jerry McRae <Jerry@usd1.com>
> 2. Users: Is it just me, or would other people wish to change a user's
> role, without the *requirement* of also changing the password in acl_users
> folder?.

I realize that this may not be a lot of comfort, but this is fixed in CVS,
and should be in 2.2

> 3.3. I would like to retrieve the information and site I placed in the old
> version.

I'm not sure what caused the problem you are having, but as long as the
2.1.6 installation has the same Products installed, you can just copy the
Data.fs from the old installation.

> 4. Etiquette: I search in this list, in ZOPE.ORG, ZopeNewbie, Squishdot,
> and other general searches, spending many hours trying to find the answers
> to these.  Am I searching the correct places?  I am receptive to
corrections
> in my message etiquette.  I.E. is this too long?  Should I create separate
> messages?

Your etiquette is flawless.  Have no fear on that front.

> 5.A.3.  This sounds like a great project / product for Zope.  Help me with
> my next phase of financing for my company, and I'll help write (or at
least
> design) it!

Sounds interesting, though I don't think I "got" all of what you were
proposing.

> 5.B. I plan on creating a 'travelogue' of my Zope learning experience and
> encourage others to do the same.

You probably already know this from visiting Zope.org, but just in case: If
you get a Zope.org account, you can make HOWTOs and documents there, and
have them catalogued so that the side-wide Seach will find them.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am