[Zope] Zope Eating Memory for Breakfast

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:24:23 PDT

--- In zope@egroups.com, Chris McDonough <chrism@d...>  wrote:
>  Both of you seem to be using Sybase DAv2, for which there was a known
>memory leak.  The latest release got rid of it.  Are you running the
>latest releases, respectively?

That was my fear at first. But I am using the latest version
(SybaseDA-2.0b2), so that's not the problem.

As I have pointed out in another message, the memory leak is
from some of the Zope's management methods. One of the
symptoms is that when you do a "Find", the memory usage
does not go back down to where it was before. (It does goes
up and then down, just not to the original point.) Now the
thing to do is to pinpoint the Zope method that is causing
the memory leak. (I don't want to mislead people into
thinking that "Find" is the thing causing memory leak...
it's not. It's a symptom, not a cause. The memory also
goes up in other Zope management operations, but I still
need to pinpoint which operations.)

regards,

Hung Jung