[Zope] newbie: Opera, changing users, Windows, etiquette, active tutorial

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:46:07 +0000

Jerry McRae wrote:

>         5.A.3.  This sounds like a great project / product for Zope.  Help me with
> my next phase of financing for my company, and I'll help write (or at least
> design) it!

I'm a little unsure what your application is supposed to accomplish, but
the use of email as a 'reinforcing' mechanism is interesting, though
perhaps unneccesary. An good zope front-end to private NNTP servers
would probably be a better choice.

>         5.B. I plan on creating a 'travelogue' of my Zope learning experience and
> encourage others to do the same.  If these can be found easily, they will be
> a great help to Zope newbies.  This would help me.  I want to know how to do
> Z, or add X to my page, not what tool Y does and what it's options are.
> Show me how to build a house, not how to use a saw and a hammer.  I will
> start mine as soon as I get some financing out of the way.

You may want to check out ZopeNewbies:
http://weblogs.userland.com/zopeNewbies/

Particularly the 'Breadcrumbs' section.

HTH,