[Zope] WorldPilot on NT4- Storage.LocalStorage problems

Andrew Diller dillera@isc.upenn.edu
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:26:20 -0400

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 12:09:52PM +0200, Ryan Hughes wrote:
> Hi Andrew, Hi to all of the Win32 WorldPilot Users,
>

> It turned out to be neither WorldPilot, Zope, Python or a PYTHONPATH
> issue:
> It probably is this program called WinZip :-(  (assuming you used it to
> unpack the distribution)
> It seems, that WinZip simply skips empty files and doesn't
> create/extract them. Very, very stange behaviour ...

That's exactly what I used.

> BTW: if you'd use the CygWin GNU Toolkit's tar command, you wouldn't
> have this problem ;-) (Or simply run Linux ;-)

I got this and its a great thing to have on NT.

WP installed and works great-- except for one thing:

sending mail. I think it expects the localhost (in this case, an NT machine of course) to be running
sendmail-- is this the case? when I try to send any message I get a Zope error (no traceback).

This is a -virgin- NT machine set up to test this:

- nt 4 server, SP6
- Python 1.5.2
- Zope 2.1.6
- WorldPilot 1.0.4

Does WP reply on sendmail on the localhost?

We are testing out web-mail interfaces, and we need them to be able to run on NT. One other very
important question is _what_ exactly is WP (and Zope) doing with the imap passwords?

Are they:

- written to disk anywhere on the local host
- put into cookies? (i don't see any)
- put into tokens?

- How are they flushed out if you _don't_ use the Logout?

- What does the Logout fucntion do to remove cached passwords? (if any)

thanks,

andy diller
isc ness
Univ of Pennsylvania

p.s. I'm suprised how _fast_ WP is on NT-- python and zope really run _well_!!!