[Zope] Raw data/large objects

Ken Kinder kkinder@messagemedia.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:44:08 -0600

Normally, database API has special functions for handling binary
columns. Suppose I have a long raw datatype in an Oracle database, which
is used to store an image, a word file, or some other binary file (it
doesn't really matter). In a normal DB API from C, you wouldn't try to
insert the value of the column in a query, but use some special method
of handling large objects.

With ZSQL Database adapters, the question is: how do I handle raw data?
I want the user to be able to use a CGI Upload facility to upload a
binary file of a mysterious type that could contain anything. and I want
it to go into a long raw data column in Oracle.

So how do I do this in ZSQL/DTML?

--
Ken Kinder
303.381.7631