[Zope] Zope Eating Memory for Breakfast

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 20:40:08 +0300

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Control_Panel/manage_debug will give your refcounts for all objects in
> Zope.  This is the best place to spot potential memory leaks.

Well, I for one have 4000 references to webdav.xml.Text and .Element.  We
run a webdav client every hour to download stuff, but it runs off the same
set of objects each time, and the refcount has _doubled_ from 2000 since the
last time I checked today.  'Course, I know nothing about Python internals -
any idea why it might double?  It somply checks the same set of files every
time to see if they've changed.

And of course I seem to have a leak in freetype, but that one's documented
:)

--
Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net