[Zope] IE 5.0 and Basic Auth

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 05:01:53 +0200

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 04:38:47PM -0400, JB wrote:
> I have been fielding all kinds of complaints about erratic behaviour
> with Zope Basic Authentication and the common denominator seems to be IE
> 5.? I know nothing about windows, etc. Would someone be able to
> enlighten me as to why every version of netscape I've tried works
> properly, and IE 4.0 works properly, but IE 5.0 won't even allow me to
> manage a site??

You are probably running Zope behind IIS and forgot to switch of the custom
error reporting IIS throws in, that kills the authentication header Zope
sends. IE 5.0 is actually doing the right thing there, by not asking you for
authentication, while the other browser versions ignore the laxk of an
authentication header.

For more info on how to switch this off, see the WEBSERVER.txt file in the
Zope doc/ directory.

--
Martijn Pieters