[Zope] Worldpilot and me ... (and UW-IMAP)

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 08:12:59 +1000 (EST)

+----[ Christian Pfeiffer ]---------------------------------------------
| Hi!

Hey ho...

| I tried every possible variation in IMAPHACK.py and got various results
| ranging from different errors to WP successfully displaying my INBOX.
| But no other folder ever appeared. More over, Setting MailListRoot to
| Mail resulted in "Mail" appearing six times (for no apparent reason, I
| have ~20 subfolders in Mail), and all of them showed up empty.

I have patches (gross hacks) to WPUtil.py to fix this type of thing.

| Only one thing left: folder creation does not work for me. WP creates
| only subfolders and they are named parent.subfolder. As "." is no
| letter, these do not appear (at least this is what I believe ;-). This
| was mentioned on the list before, but I found no solution.

WP doesn't not conform to the IMAP standard by retrieving the hierarchy character
before attempting to create Folders (or display them for that matter).  It uses a
(hard coded) '.'  by default. This causes havoc with things like Exchange as well.

Having said this the UW-IMAP server is a bit goofy as well, and doesn't seem to
allow the creation of sub folders, just mailboxes.

Perhaps we can add seperationCharacter to IMAPHACK.py, although it'd be real nice
if it worked it out itself, because I have two worldpilot objects in the same Zope
Site pointing at two different IMAP Servers.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |