[Zope] pcgi problems

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 21:23:36 +0300

Jason Abate wrote:

> As a related question, does anyone have experiences good or bad with
> using theM2Crypto package to setup a secure ZServer?  If that works
> well, I'd just assume cut out the Apache layer and use ZServer directly.

I had a bad experience with it, but that was an older version and it's
improved since then, I'd guess.

If all you're using is SSL (no vanilla HTTP), then stunnel may be the way to
go - it's certainly the easiest.  The problems are overhead, and the fact
that all connections are listed as coming from localhost (you have to
combine stunnel's logs with Zope's somehow - may be difficult...).

--
Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net