[Zope] about ZClasses (faqs?)

Marco Mariani m.mariani@imola.nettuno.it
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:36:01 +0200

Good morning!

I need to write two zclasses: one representing a photo (with several
Images of the same photo at different resolutions) and one representing
a catalogaware, objectmanager, article (with several photos of the same
object, descriptions etc.)

The photo instance should be created from an Image by a python function
and the python imaging library, much like the Photo product does.

I'd like to understand the following:

 - why is it dangerous to use External Methods inside a ZC?

 - what's the difference between Python Methods and External Methods?

 - may I create and call zclasses from and external method? (me likes
   syntaks hilite! me small screen! me want vi!)

Sorry if I bother you with questions that may have been deeply answered,
I didnt' find them in the recent archives.

May I gain zen enlightment and give back to the mail list soon.

Thanks