[Zope] This document's folder's URL?

Nolan Darilek nolan_d@bigfoot.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:25:08 -0500

    Michel> you lost me.  absolute_url() in a method will render the
    Michel> URL to the folder that contains the method.  absolute_url
    Michel> in a document will render the absolute url of the
    Michel> document.

Hmm. Here is the source of a "menu" method:

On the index_html in the folder which contains this method, that code
renders:

When I click on a link, 'Articles' perhaps, the articles folder is
entered, with 'menu' being acquired. The rendering in
articles/index_html is:

So it looks as if absolute_url doesn't use the URL to the folder in
which the method is defined, since the /articles/ shouldn't be before
the ..'s, or am I doing something incorrect?

Now we'll copy the above code into a DTML document of the same
name. Here is its rendering in writing/index_html:

And, again when clicking on articles:

Which seems to behave as I'd think it should. The only change was that
menu is now a DTML document as opposed to a method, and the links now
behave as I would expect. IIRC this is Zope 2.1.4. Is this a bug? (I
think the problem also occurs with URL#.)