[Zope] zope not responding in solaris

Eduardo Fernandez Corrales efernandez@sistelnet.es
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:13:33 +0000

Hello Zopistas:

After a lot of tinkering in several linux machines with Zope, I decided to
install Zope in our main solaris server. (This Zope virus is sure
contagious!)

The machine is a Sun Netra, running Solaris 2.5. I installed python 1.52
from source, compiling with threads with no problem. After that, I
installed Zope from source.

After starting zope with the "start" script (which shows the usual
messages and seems to work ok) I try to connect to Zope and the browser
just hangs and times out. Zope seems not to send any data or do anything.

I have also tried the Zope solaris binary release with the same results.

What could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance.
--
Eduardo Fernández Corrales