[Zope] MySql and Auto_increment

Luis Cortes lcortes@pollak.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:40:59 -0600

I don't know what it means by KeyError, but if I change my zsqlmethod to:

select last_insert_id()

I still get the key error, like so:

Error, exceptions.KeyError: unhandled

SQL used:

select last_insert_id()

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in publish_module
  File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File /var/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: sqlInsertTest)
  File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_test)
  File /var/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
    (Object: manage_test)
  File /var/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, line 331, in manage_test
    (Object: sqlInsertTest)
  File /var/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, line 312, in manage_test
    (Object: sqlInsertTest)
  File /var/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, line 430, in __call__
    (Object: sqlInsertTest)
  File /var/zope/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py, line 191, in query
KeyError: (see above)

I have a hunch that it is trying to interpret the last_insert_id as a python or
dtml function or variable, but  I am not experienced enough in zope to know how
to debug that.

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, you wrote:
>> I'm running 2.1.4 on a development server.  I haven't bothered testing with
>> 2.1.6.  What's the key of the KeyError are you getting?
>>
>> Ron Bickers
>> Logic Etc, Inc.
>> rbickers@logicetc.com

Luis Cortes