[Zope] www.oswg.org runs Zope?

Ng Pheng Siong ngps@post1.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:41:25 +0800

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 03:18:11PM +0200, Joachim Werner wrote:
> Having "native" SSL support in Zope surely would be a GOOD THING (tm).

It has been done, by yours truly, and is known as ZServerSSL.
See http://www.post1.com/home/ngps/m2.

> But SSL wouldn't help with the password issue! Getting into an SSL-secured
> page
> by guessing the password isn't any harder than without SSL. The only advantage
> is that the password cannot be "sniffed", only guessed.

I have thought about (and mentioned ;-) a certUserFolder which accepts
authentication via X.509 certificates. Still thinking, no code yet.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps