[Zope] ZClasses and ZCatalog: reindexing problem

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:43:14 GMT

Anthony,

 1)
> I can add a new catalog-aware class instance which the Catalog will pick up,
> but the properties of this new instance (author, pub_title, publisher, year,
> etc.) are not made available to search results;

Do you call <dtml-call reindex_object> when you add you instnace like so:

<dtml-with "MyZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)">
<dtml-call "propertysheets.MyProperties.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
<dtml-call reindex_object>
</dtml-with>

You must call it after you change the instance's properties.

You also must do so anytime you edit those properties.  That means you
can't call '/propertysheets/MyProperties/manage' to edit them.  You must
construct you own DTML.

 2) the addition of this new
> instance prevents the ZSearch interface from returning results for any other
> query, even for ones that worked before the addition.

This is probably because your search and report are reporting properties
from you ZClass like 'author', but not all the items in the Catalog have
the 'author' property.  If you are searching for a particular 'meta_type'
like  a 'ZBook', that has a property 'author', if you don't narrow down you
search to just ZBook's, the report page will ask for the 'author' property
of  plain old 'Folders'.  And plain old 'Folders' don't have an author
property. And you'll get a traceback.

Hope that helps,

Jason Spisak
CIO