[Zope] ZClasses and ZCatalog: reindexing problem

Anthony Monta apmonta@excite.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

myCatalog is configured correctly: indexes are specified, metadata columns
are set up, subtransactions disabled, etc.  New myClass instances show up in
Catalog (I've got it named correctly -- good shot, Tres) but not their
properties.  I can get at the properties of these newly-created instances
via DTML, which means that myClass's add constructor method is doing
everything right but forcing Catalog to index new instance properties.

Jason, I used your test methods and you're exactly right: Catalog reindexes
the new instance only when I force it to as you suggested.  Everything is OK
until I add another new instance.

And now here's another problem: these new instances cannot be deleted or cut
and pasted.  What happens when I try to do either is that the right
management screen goes blank and then tries to reload itself without success
-- ad infinitum.  I can only stop it by hitting "stop", and Zope tells me
some resource was not found but gives me no traceback.

Whattheheck?

Bloodied but unbowed,
Anthony

(I'm using Zope 2.1.6 with Linux2)