[Zope] Variable name of the ZOPE root? For use in TREE

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:55:15 -0600

Kevin Howe wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have created a method using the DTML-TREE tag to create a browsable tree
> starting at the ZOPE root.  My problem is that I don't know how to
> call/refer to the ZOPE root folder.
>
> Ex: The following creates a tree starting with the "QuickStart" tutorial
> folder.
>
> <!--#tree QuickStart branches_expr="objectValues('Image') or objectValues()"
> sort=id-->
>
> I want to start at the ZOPE root instead, so it should look something like
> this:
>
> <!--#tree ZopeRoot branches_expr="objectValues('Image') or objectValues()"
> sort=id-->
> <!--#/tree-->
>
> But "ZopeRoot" of course is not the variable name. I have tried "root", a
> blank value (""), a period (".") but none of these work. What is the
> appropriate variable name of the Zope root?

<dtml-in "PARENTS[-1].objectValues('Image'>" sort=id>
</dtml-in>

Will iterate over the Image objects in the zoperoot.

I believe that ... branches_expr="PARENTS[-1].objectValues('Image')" ...
should serve your need.

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.