[Zope] Variable name of the ZOPE root? For use in TREE

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:43:28 +0200

Hi !

Chris Withers wrote:
> I wish the <dtml-tree> documentation was better. This comes up all the time on the list. It's
> particularly bad because, by its nature, it brings up the complicated side of Zope: aquisition,
> python lists, objectValues, etc.
>
> It's also a bit buggy. expand_all was broken for ages and the above doesn't work if "PARENTS[-1]"
> doesn't have expr= in front of it. The HTML it generates can be 'interesting', especially using the
> header and footer attributes, and there's practically no control over the state of the tree's
> expansion through DTML. Oh, and you have NO control over the formatting of the table that the tree
> tag produces.
>
> That aside, it's great ;-)
>
> The documentation is a ZDP issue, I think, and at some stage I'm hopefully going to have the chance
> to play with TreeTag.py and fix some of the things that niggle me...

I am in the process of taking the Tree code apart and documenting it,
but I got stuck some way down the road.

If something like I did for Cookies and CatalogAware:

http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zapidoc/drafts

would help, then I may continue this effort.

Greetings,

Maik Röder