[Zope] Local FS manage_addFolder woes

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:46:24 -0500

>Do I want a dtml-with? If so, which one?
>Does LocalFS support manage_addFolder or is the above happening because it
>doesn't and so aquisition
>is causing manage_addFolder to be executed on the folder object containing
>the localFS object? If
>aquisition is hapening, what should I use instead of manage_addFolder?
>Am I totally up the wrong tree?

LocalFS does not make use of the standard ZODB manage methods. It has its
own methods to do everything. I once discussed that with Jonothan
  (the coder of Local FS) and he thinks (if I understood him correctly)
that for some reasons it is inappropriate to make use of these methods,
since the objects contained in LocalFS really do not exist in the ZODB nor
have a similar state.

BTW, I just checked his product site at
http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/Products/LocalFS and if you click on
"Release Information" and then on FAQ, you will see his answer, why he is
not using the manage methods.

I browsed pretty fast through his code, but could not find a method like
you are looking for. We had the same problem once and used External Methods
to it. But contact Jonothan as well, so he knows what to implement next, or
maybe he has already something like this in the works. If you know Python,
you can just write a little method for LocalFS yourself. His code is pretty
easy to read (like all Python code) and it should be just a couple of
lines. You should be able to copy a lot from manage_upload.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development