[Zope] manage_clone issue

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:14:49 -0500

>     File /var/lib/zope/Extensions/upload.py, line 128, in uploadMenu
>         (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
>     File /var/lib/zope/Extensions/upload.py, line 57, in NuovoArticolo
>         (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
>     File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 284, in
> manage_clone
>         (Object: art_1)
>     File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 374, in
> _verifyObjectPaste
>         (Object: art_1)
>Copy Error: (see above)

Can you send me your upload.py file? It seems like you wrote it.

PS: Zope should not be installed under /usr/lib/zope and /var/lib/zope. I
saw that the other time on another server and out of my experience these
are the worst places to install it. If you used a package, I would strongly
suggest not to use it any more.
Here some common places for different systems:

/usr/zope (a good place in general)
/usr/local/zope (Linux standard like)
/opt/zope (Solaris standard)

I would not mind, if you put the var/ directory under
/var/zope

Which one you choose is up to you. There is always a lot of discussion
going on, which one the best is, but the fact is that every sys admin has
his/her own standard.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development