[Zope] Advice on Discussion-based products

Alexander Limi limi@ting.net
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:30:05 +0200 (CEST)

Zopistas,

I would like some advice on choosing which product to use in my
implementation of a discussion board on my site.

We run a site much like mp3.com, where we host music for artists free of
charge.

The requirements are roughly this:

- People should be able to comment on individual songs by an artist, also
rating the song from 1-6 as they post their opinions (kind of like a
mini-review)

- The discussion threads should be collapsible

- Only logged in users should be allowed to post comments

Should I go for Confera? ZDiscussions? Parts of the Squishdot code?

Are there any other alternatives in addition to these? I heard some people
experience crashes and lockups when they used ZDiscussions on their site,
any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Alexander.
(Please CC me if you answer to this mail)