[Zope] Problems with zope + MS SQL Server

Henny van der Linde Henny van der Linde" <linde@inline-info.nl
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:45:15 +0200

Hi,

> Anyone ever figured out how to get ZOPE's ODBC DA to work with MS SQL
Server?

Well, I have it working.

> I am a Zope newbie using MS SQL Server 7.0, Zope version 2.1.6, Python
1.5.2 Win
> 386 and ZODBC
> Version 3.1.0b2.
>
> Whenever I attempt to open an ODBC connection to the SQL Server I get the
> message "Invalid connection string:" followed by the name of the DSN I am
trying
> to use.  Can anyone help me along with this or is this the curse for using
> Microsoft software?

Some time ago I ran into the same problem. My 'mistake' was that my SQL7
server database had a space in it's name.
For instance: <FSW database username password> didn't work, when I changed
FSW database to FSWdatabase in SQL server and in the connectionstring
everything went ok.

Henny van der Linde