[Zope] All dates in Zope are broken in daylight saving time zones

Gregor Hoffleit flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:19:46 +0200

Just a quick note and RFC: If I'm not completely wrong, all DateTimee
objects are broken when created during daylight saving time.

If your Zope machine is working in a daylight saving time timezone
currently, try to create a new object (e.g. a DTML Document) and
compare the "last modified" date (most important the timezone therein)
with the real date on that machine (e.g. the output of "date -R").

In my case (timezone Europe/Berlin, i.e. currently CEST=Central European
Summer Time=GMT+2), I get this:

  Last modified:  2000/04/25 13:46:50.7635 GMT+1
  date -R:        Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:47:32 +0200

This is on a Debian system, but I guess this happens on all systems that
provide handling of daylight saving times (don't know about Windows,
though).

A more detailed report about this problem can be found as Collector #1204
http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1204/view

Later on I found that the same thing has been reported already a month
ago as #1135 (http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1135/view)

If nobody else cares, I'll work on a fix for DateTime.py.

    Gregor